“Learn how to become a great coach and how to
get the best out of your staff through developing
their skills and behaviours through coaching”
A fun, highly participative and practical ‘Coaching Skills for Managers’ 1-day course designed to provide you and your managers with the tools and skills necessary to become an outstanding coach.
Coaching is the quickest and most effective method of developing members of staff.
Good coaching and performance management leads to self-motivation and an attitude that is oriented towards solutions and continual improvement rather than problems and avoidance.
This course helps turn managers into effective coaches.
Who Will Benefit From The Course?
Managers responsible for the development of others
- Team leaders and supervisors who want to get the best out of their people
- Line managers who want a structured and effective method of performing their monthly one to ones
- Line managers who want to develop their staff in their current role and also longer term
With The Help Of This Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Delegates will go away with a thorough understanding of the principles of coaching and management styles
- Delegates will go away with coaching models that they can use back in the workplace
- Delegates will understand the importance of ownership and how to take ownership of staff development and continuous improvement.
- Delegates will learn “What to say” and “How to say it” when providing feedback to staff.
- Delegates will learn the importance of non-verbal communication when performing coaching
- Delegates will be able to prepare, deliver and review coaching sessions so that they continually improve.
Introduction and objectives
What Is Coaching All About?
Why is it so effective? What is coaching? What coaching is not. The different uses of coaching i.e. immediate feedback, regular meetings, performance, ongoing development.
Coaching As A Managerial Style
Advantages of coaching for increasing performance and staff development. Why is coaching so important etc. Observing performance – finding opportunities.
How To Give Motivational Feedback
Learn templates and models of how to give constructive and helpful feedback. Deal with performance issues there and then when they happen. Phrases and statements to use. Role-plays and team exercises.
Coaching Models & Templates (including GROW model)
Introduction and practical implementation of coaching models for:
– Understanding learning styles
– Building rapport and trust
– Setting SMART objectives
– Giving immediate/on the job coaching
– Regular 121’s
– Performance meetings
Role-plays and practical exercises.
Understanding People And Their Motivations
A section dedicated to understanding the world according to others. Their beliefs, values, behaviours etc.
How to understand this and how to apply it to the working environment for performance improvement.
Practical exercises and role-plays.
Close And Action Planning
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.