We all have to hold difficult conversations at one point or another.
They could include giving some negative/corrective feedback to an individual or having to break bad news to a group of workers.
Some find it easier than others but with the right technique and strategy you can approach these conversations in a more structured and planned way so they reduce the amount of stress that they place on you.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe why we find it difficult to hold challenging conversations
- Plan out a conversation using a specific structure to follow
- Understand the fundamentals of giving constructive feedback and being objective
- Become more assertive in your communications
- Understand different types of people and how to handle each one
Duration: 90 or 120 minute versions (including a short break)
Materials: Virtual handouts provided to work through
- Objectives of this workshop
- Why people find it difficult to have tough conversations with others
- Understanding the DNA of difficult conversations
- How to give feedback in the right way
- Understanding how people react to feedback – the DAWA stages
- Positioning difficult conversations – planning and preparation
- Delivering difficult conversations and messages – structure
- Understanding different people types/styles and how to tailor your approach
- 6 types of assertion
- Dealing with aggression
This Session Includes
Polls & Questions
Hand Up Q&A
Case Studies & Examples
Recorded For Future Playback
Make An Enquiry
Please call us on 0333 320 2883
Email us at email@example.com or complete our online form below with what you are looking for and what you would like to achieve and we will get back to you with a free, no obligation proposal along with the costs.