Improve Your Communication Skills
This 1-day in-house course will enable you to practice the skills needed for building strong relationships and improve your communication and influencing skills, in order for you to achieve your goals.
Now you will be able to highlight the difference between positional and personal power; you’ll be shown how to employ specific skills and strategies to influence others, by building trust and commitment – rather than relying on any position of authority.
Below are indicative training topics. Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
Developing Your Communication Skills
- The importance of effective communication and the effects of poor communication in the working environment
- Possible barriers to communication and methods to overcome them
- Ways to ensure effective communication:
- Preparing, matching and delivering the message
- Questioning and listening to uncover the right information
- Active listening – are you doing this?
- Non-verbal communication – body language and tonality
- Effects of attitudes, perception and cultures on the interpretation of non-verbal messages
Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Examples of good and unhelpful feedback
- What does “constructive feedback” mean?
- What does excellence look like?
- Feedback model: Situation – Behaviour – Impact
- Receiving feedback: D.A.W.A
Dealing With Challenging People & Situations
- Different types of personality and how to engage best with each one
- 6 types of assertion
- Being assertive but not aggressive
- Being calm, objective and keeping an open mind
- Dealing with aggression
Holding Challenging Conversations
- Understanding what challenging conversations you might face
- Creating the right environment – choosing the right method and setting to hold this conversation
- Positioning difficult conversations – planning and preparation
- Delivering difficult conversations and messages – structure
- Changing behaviour by choosing a different perspective
- The types of conflict that exist and specific strategies to handle each one
- Thomas-Kilmann conflict assessment – how do you currently manage conflict?
- Statements based on reasons vs expectations
- Responses to feedback
- How to handle difficult reactions to feedback
- What are you going to do more of?
- What are you going to do less of?
- What are you going to start doing?
- What are you going to stop doing?
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.