How To Influence In The Right Way
The key skills needed today by managers include communication, technology and leadership.
However, the ability to influence others is the main skill required to get results.
Influencing your team, customers and bosses makes you a very valuable member of your company.
This 1-day workshop will help you develop your influencing skills. We discuss and highlight how to build trust and long-term relationships by showing how the influential effects of situational leadership can achieve goals that inspire.
Below are indicative training topics. Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
Understanding Persuasion & Influence
- Understanding the differences between persuasion, influence and manipulation
- Recognising your power and influence
- Are you using influence effectively?
Preparing To Persuade & Influence
- Push vs pull techniques
- Assertive and responsive behaviours
- Power sources in seeking to influence
- Reactions to power and influence
Building Trust & Rapport
- Seeing things from others’ perspectives
- Communicating with confidence – verbal and non-verbal
- Effective questioning techniques
- Identifying values and motivations of others
- Listening skills and overcoming barriers to active listening
- Understanding the different influencing styles
- What is your natural style and how can you maximise upon this?
- Using storytelling to strengthen your case
- Influencing when you have no direct authority
- Dealing with resistance to influence
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.