Management & Leadership Fundamentals
It will cover all of the essential areas of management and leadership making sure that you can go back into the workplace well prepared with a lot of techniques and strategies to manage your people more effectively.
Whilst we have included 3 days of training content below, you can pick ‘n’ mix what topics you would like to make up the duration of the course that you require based around your needs.
Below are indicative training topics.
Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
Leadership & Management
- What is your role?
- What’s your leadership style?
- The difference between leadership and management, and the need for each of them
- Range of leadership styles – their use and potential impacts on individuals and outputs
- Identification, development and appropriate use of personal leadership styles
- How to build trust and respect within the team
- Action-centred leadership
- The top 10 areas that destroy your ability to lead and manage
- What motivates people at work?
- Motivation strategies and techniques to get the best out of people
- Motivating and managing difficult people
- Individual and team motivation
- How to motivate yourself and your teams
- Types of delegation
- The 7 ways to delegate work
- Effective delegation techniques and strategies
- Analysing your own current workloads where you should delegate but you don’t
Time Management & Organisation
- How to set SMART objectives
- Understanding urgent v import tasks when prioritizing work
- Application of simple planning and monitoring techniques
- How to organise and schedule your own work and that of others
- How to analyse your current “time sapping” tasks and what to do about them
- The importance of effective communication at work and the effects of poor communication
- Possible barriers to communication and methods to overcome them
- Ways to ensure effective communication in the workplace
- Non-verbal communication – body language & tonality
- Effects of attitudes, perception and cultures on the interpretation of non-verbal messages
- The types of conflict that exist and specific strategies to handle each one
- Thomas-Kilmann conflict assessment – how do you currently manage conflict?
- How to manage conflicts within teams
- Coaching techniques as appropriate to the workplace situation
- Range of learning styles, and how to select the optimum style for individuals
- How to use the GROW coaching model
- Relevant feedback techniques
- Methods to evaluate effectiveness of coaching
- Appropriate recording systems
- “In the moment” coaching
Giving & Receiving Feedback
- The importance of feedback to improve communication and performance
- Types of feedback and their relative values in communication (visual, written, oral, aural)
- Use of feedback to improve the performance of individuals in the workplace
- How to use feedback techniques (formal/informal; positive/negative; timescale; format)
- How to elicit feedback from others to improve own performance
- DAWA – Stages of receiving feedback
- The performance review process and how it works
- Setting SMART objectives & development plans
- How to set targets and plan them out
- How to run a performance review meeting
- Dealing with high achievers and under-performers
- Development plans and training methods
Leading Through Change
- Your role within the change management process
- Understanding the change model
- Kotter’s 8 steps to change
- Getting buy-in for change
- Managing the impacts of change
- Creating a change plan
Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
- What is emotional intelligence and why is it important?
- Learning your own triggers and reactions
- Understand how your emotions change under stress
- Understanding others and their emotions
- Improving the 5 aspects of emotional intelligence:
- Social Skills
- Characteristics of groups and teams – the differences, examples within the workplace
- Forming, storming, norming, performing (and mourning)
- How to identify team roles (eg Belbin) and the uses and implications for Managers
- Understanding synergy and how to use it
- Being a part of the “larger team”
Here are some of our clients in the private and non-profit sector that we have delivered training to
COMMERCIAL CLIENT EXAMPLES
NON-PROFIT CLIENT EXAMPLES
Learn more about
our in-house training
and why choose MTD
as your provider
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.