Communication Skills Training – Content Ideas
Improve Your Communication Skills
Now you will be able to highlight the difference between positional and personal power; you’ll be shown how to employ specific skills and strategies to influence others, by building trust and commitment – rather than relying on any position of authority.
You’ll learn how to build up rapport and how to get your point across without the waffle so that everyone understands what you wanted to convey.
Below are indicative training topics.
Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
Communication Skills Course Outline
Developing Your Communication Skills
- The importance of effective communication and the effects of poor communication in the working environment
- Possible barriers to communication and methods to overcome them
- Ways to ensure effective communication:
- Preparing, matching and delivering the message
- Questioning and listening to uncover the right information
- Active listening – are you doing this?
- Non-verbal communication – body language and tonality
- Effects of attitudes, perception and cultures on the interpretation of non-verbal messages
Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Examples of good and unhelpful feedback
- What does “constructive feedback” mean?
- What does excellence look like?
- Feedback model: Situation – Behaviour – Impact
- Receiving feedback: D.A.W.A
Dealing With Challenging People & Situations
- Different types of personality and how to engage best with each one
- 6 types of assertion
- Being assertive but not aggressive
- Being calm, objective and keeping an open mind
- Dealing with aggression
Holding Challenging Conversations
- Understanding what challenging conversations you might face
- Creating the right environment – choosing the right method and setting to hold this conversation
- Positioning difficult conversations – planning and preparation
- Delivering difficult conversations and messages – structure
- Changing behaviour by choosing a different perspective
- The types of conflict that exist and specific strategies to handle each one
- Thomas-Kilmann conflict assessment – how do you currently manage conflict?
- Statements based on reasons vs expectations
- Responses to feedback
- How to handle difficult reactions to feedback
- What are you going to do more of?
- What are you going to do less of?
- What are you going to start doing?
- What are you going to stop doing?
Here are some of our clients in the private and non-profit sector that we have delivered training to
COMMERCIAL CLIENT EXAMPLES
NON-PROFIT CLIENT EXAMPLES
Learn more about
our in-house training
and why choose MTD
as your provider
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.