Content Ideas For Your Appraisal Training
Running Effective & Motivating Appraisals
With this 1-day in-house appraisal training course, your managers will work through the key stages of an appraisal from what preparation to do before the meeting through to how to structure the appraisal itself.
Your managers will learn how to set objectives, create development plans, and what to do after the appraisal has taken place.
The programme also includes the vital skill of giving and receiving feedback
Below are indicative appraisal training topics.
Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
Performance Appraisal Training Sessions
Introduction & Objectives
- Why have appraisals?
- Purpose and benefits of having staff appraisals
- What does excellence look like?
- Barriers to effective appraisals – what gets in the way?
- Understanding the different types of performance appraisal
The Appraisal Process
- Understanding the appraisal process – walkthrough and key points
- Your role and responsibility as the appraiser
- Clarifying the stages required for both yourself and your team member during this process
Planning & Preparation
Running Effective Appraisals
- The DNA and structure of a successful meeting
- Good communication and balanced discussion
- Questioning and listening skills
- Objective feedback skills that are specific
- Coaching techniques to use throughout the process
- Overcoming resistance and handling uncooperative appraisees
- Reviewing good performance
- Dealing with poor performance – identifying the causes and exploring this
- Objectives – setting clear objectives and using SMART techniques
- Appraisee development – defining areas for development
- Creating a personal development plan
Here are some of our clients in the private and non-profit sector that we have delivered training to
Learn more about
our in-house training
and why choose MTD
as your provider
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.