“Learn about different cultures and how to
act and behave with different cultures
in the working environment”
Our bespoke cultural training courses can be designed to meet your exact requirements.
We have a number of cultural training experts who have extensive knowledge in multi cultural team working, sales, negotiation, presentations, customs, way of life and business protocol.
Contents could include:
- Improve the awareness of cultural values and how these compare with people from other cultures
- How to communicate effectively and how to overcome language barriers
- Techniques and strategies to improve the understanding of organisational and cultural differences
- Seeing the world through other peoples eyes – Looking at how teams operate from other cultural perspectives – how meetings are run, the role of a manager, effective and preferred methods of communication etc
- How to effectively negotiate with people from different cultures
- How to build up effective networks and relationships with others
- To provide tips, techniques and strategies to understand and adopt business and social etiquette
- How to handle questions during negotiations, sales and presentations in a multi-cultural context
- How to encourage non-native speakers to communicate more effectively
Example Of A Recent Cultural Awareness Course We Have Run:
The Requirement – 1 Day Cultural Awareness Training Day
As a leading international branded goods company, Beiersdorf focusses its brands on the wishes and needs of their consumers. They concentrate all their efforts on the development and care of their strong brands: NIVEA, 8×4, atrix, Eucerin, Labello, la prairie, JUVENA, FUTURO, Florena, Hansaplast, Elastoplast and tesa.
Beiersdorf – that means 16,500 employees worldwide. It is their dedication and their know-how that ensure Beiersdorf will continue utilizing its growth potential to the fullest.
Many of the UK based managers have to conduct sales and management meetings on foreign soil especially within their German, Polish and Russian offices.
MTD were asked to conduct a one day cultural awareness training day for managers who visit those three countries on a regular basis so that they get to know the local customs and ways of working.
We developed the workshop for employees who were required to work abroad and who need to be aware of the cultural differences and ways of working so that they could maximise their performance and settle in as quickly as possible.
The content included:
- Understand the cultural complexities of business and social protocol
- Increase awareness of how cultural perspectives affect behaviour
- Examine communication styles
- Build skills for more effective communication
- Develop strategies for negotiating across cultures
- Examine cultural variables that influence behaviour
- Acquire practical tips, tools and strategies
- Pre-departure orientation
– Identify fundamental differences between cultures
– Learn strategies for overcoming communication barriers
– Develop survival skills
– Recognise and solve intercultural difficulties
– Understand the many facets of cultural adaptation
- Question and answer session (All of your concerns and questions answered!)
Would You Like To Make An Enquiry Or Ask A Question?
Call us for FREE on 0333 320 2883
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete our online form
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.