Disability Awareness Training – Content Ideas
Meeting The Needs Of Disabled People
Are you addressing disability as part of your training? Can your customers or visitors easily gain access to your building and contact you easily?
Do you know what the “concept of reasonable adjustment in employment” is? This course will make sure that you have got all of your bases covered when it comes to meeting the needs of disabled people – both your staff, suppliers and customers.
Below are indicative disability awareness training topics. Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
- What do you know about disability?
- Understanding the social model of disability
- Examine attitudes that society has towards disabled people – common assumptions and labelling
Access & Communications
- Explore your current barriers to access and integration of disabled people
- Explore the communication barriers that disabled people may have
- How to improve access for people with disabilities
- How to improve communications to people with a range of different disabilities
- What is “The Equality Act 2010?”
- What does the Act mean to your company?
- What does the Act mean to you and/or your team
- Review of existing organisational policies and procedures
Personal Action Planning
- What you can do to make sure that you are doing all you can
- What do you need to stop doing and start doing?
- What do you need to do more of and less of?
Here are some of our clients in the private and non-profit sector that we have delivered training to
>NON-PROFIT CLIENT EXAMPLES
Learn more about
our in-house training
and why choose MTD
as your provider
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.