“Our project management courses can range from
1 to 5 days depending on your requirements”
Throughout the modern workplace, the notion of ‘projects’ has become increasingly common. However, starting a new project brings a level of uncertainty to any individual or organization, and also raises many questions such as: Can the project be implemented within the defined constraints? How will progress be measured? And are we meeting our client’s needs? The answers to these questions are critical for the successful completion of any project.
No matter what kind of business you are in, as a Project Manager you are expected to plan, implement, monitor and measure the success of your project based on various criteria.
With little or no prior project management training, you will find this course offering an easy-to-follow guidance for managing any type of project. Put simply, the course is designed to equip you with the skills, principles and techniques you need, and can depend on, for successfully managing and delivering your projects.
Who Will Benefit From The Course?
The programme is not industry specific. It is designed for individuals with little or no formal project management training. Therefore, it suits both professionals and non-professionals who are new to project management or moving into a project management role.
With The Help Of This Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Recognise the different project management roles
- Identify how to acquire, develop and manage a project team
- Demonstrate how to monitor and control processes
- Overcome communication barriers
- Check that communication has been properly received and understood
- Identify the need for project integration management
- Develop a project management plan
- Manage their time and that of the project team
- Develop structured activity management
- Appreciate the need for cost control
- Develop several methods for estimating costs
- Develop the tools required to deliver the four key stages of project management
- Identify and manage the risks of each project
- Implement a quality control process
Key areas to be covered in the programme and the accompanying documentation.
The content below can be tailored depending on
how many days you want and the level of content you
want to cover
– Introduction to Project Management
- Project management overview
- Project management’s nine knowledge areas
- Managing projects
- The project management lifecycle
- Project management system
- Managing the project team
- The four key project management processes
– Project Integration Management
- Introduction to project integration management
- Processes and process groups of integration management
- Development of a project charter
- Developing a preliminary project management scope statement
- Project integration tools and techniques
– Project Scope and Time Management
- Principles of project scope management
- Scope planning
- Scope definition
- Scope verification
- Scope creep
- Scope control
- Project time management
- The different aspects to managing time within a project
– Project Cost and Quality Management
- Key concepts of cost management
- Scope and cost
- Rules of thumb for estimating costs
- Cost, estimating, budgeting and controlling
- Introduction to quality as a concept
- Quality planning
- Quality assurance and quality control
– Project People, Risk and Procurement Management
- HR planning for projects
- Acquiring the project team
- Developing the project team
- Managing the project team
- Project Communication
- Risk management
- Risk principles and planning
- Risk identification, analysis, planning and control
- Project procurement management
- Contract statement of work
- Contract change control system
All the above will be underpinned by numerous activities and case studies.
NB: This programme uses “The definitive guide to project management”, a book designed to meet the Project Management Institutes PMBOK examinations. The cost of the book is within the course fees.
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.