Manage Your Projects More Effectively
Throughout the modern workplace, the notion of ‘projects’ has become increasingly common.
However, starting a new project brings a level of uncertainty to any individual or organization, and also raises many questions such as: Can the project be implemented within the defined constraints? How will progress be measured? And are we meeting our client’s needs? The answers to these questions are critical for the successful completion of any project.
No matter what kind of business you are in, as a Project Manager you are expected to plan, implement, monitor and measure the success of your project based on various criteria.
With little or no prior project management training, you will find this course offering an easy-to-follow guidance for managing any type of project.
Put simply, the course is designed to equip you with the skills, principles and techniques you need, and can depend on, for successfully managing and delivering your projects.
Who Will Benefit From The Course?
The programme is not industry specific.
It is designed for individuals with little or no formal project management training.
Therefore, it suits both professionals and non-professionals who are new to project management or moving into a project management role.
With The Help Of This Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Recognise the different project management roles
- Identify how to acquire, develop and manage a project team
- Demonstrate how to monitor and control processes
- Overcome communication barriers
- Check that communication has been properly received and understood
- Identify the need for project integration management
- Develop a project management plan
- Manage their time and that of the project team
- Develop structured activity management
- Appreciate the need for cost control
- Develop several methods for estimating costs
- Develop the tools required to deliver the four key stages of project management
- Identify and manage the risks of each project
- Implement a quality control process
Running A Project
- Key principles for planning and running successful projects
- What does a great job look like?
- Your role as a project manager
- Understanding the project management cycle
- Creating the team – who are the key players?
- Bringing the team together
The 4 Key Project Management Phases:
- Planning (including planning tools)
- Execution and control
Project Scope, Cost & Quality Management
- Setting objectives
- Scope (includes definition, planning, creep and control)
- Defining a delay and forecasting for completion
- Cost, estimating, budgeting and controlling
- Project risks
- Managing and leading the project team
Sourcing & Generating Options For Problem Solving
- Defining a delay and the impacts it will cause
- How to rework the plan using problem solving techniques to establish an end date
- Evaluating options and making choices
- Establishing a range of ways of evaluating and selecting the ‘best’ solution to your problem
- Taking action (implementing the solution)
- Follow up – has the solution worked?
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.