Recruitment Skills Training – Content Ideas
Attract, Recruit & Select The Best People
The course covers from the initial planning and design of the process, shortlisting applicants and conducting the interview through to the selection process and offering the right candidate for the role, all within a consistent and fair legal process.
A lot of emphasis will be put on conducting the interview process but time will also be used to ensure that new starters are inducted into your organisation in the right way so you get the best from them.
Below are indicative training topics.
Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
Recruitment Training Course Outline
Your managers will be required to complete some pre-work prior to the training.
This can consist of gathering some samples of job descriptions and/or adverts they have written before and also bringing along evidence of any recruitment they have managed in the past.
They will also be invited to read some theory around recruitment and selection before attending so that the learning can be brought to life in the training room using activities and scenarios to embed the learning.
Throughout the day there will be a number of scenarios and case studies that will be worked through ranging from creating questions for a specific interview through to carrying out the interview in a real play.
Your managers will also have the opportunity to create evaluation and weighting criteria so they can score candidates based on their answers.
- Understanding your role as a Line Manager and Interviewer
- Awareness of the legal requirements and unconscious bias
- Assisting with the development of a job description (JD) and analysing the essential and desirable knowledge and skills required for the role
- Ensuring the JD sells the opportunity to prospective applicants
- Defining the right recruitment process to suit the role
- Contributing to a suitable and role-specific questioning framework
- Deciding on how the questions will be measured
- Having the right marketing strategy to advertise the role
- Reviewing applicant CV’s
- Telephone Interviews and following a structure
- Planning before the face to face interview
- The structure of the face to face interview
- Working with a panel
- 1st impressions, perception and rapport building
- The importance of communication and the 3 V’s (Visual, Vocal, Verbal)
- Questioning skills – Opening questions, Competency and Strength based and technical questioning
- Taking effective and accurate notes
- Presenting your company and the role in a positive way – why should they work for you?
- Interview panel de-brief “Wash up” session
- Evaluating and scoring candidates
- Making the right choice based on competence, behaviours and culture
- Giving constructive feedback
- Offer management
- Working within the requirements of GDPR
- Engaging your new starter during offer management
- Ensuring your induction process is fit for purpose
- Setting them off on the right foot – key information they need to know
Here are some of our clients in the private and non-profit sector that we have delivered training to
COMMERCIAL CLIENT EXAMPLES
NON-PROFIT CLIENT EXAMPLES
Learn more about
our in-house training
and why choose MTD
as your provider
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.