Being assertive is one of the most important skills that a leader can have.
In your everyday communications at work you need to be assertive when delegating, chairing, negotiating, motivating, selling, leading, disagreeing – you name it!
This workshop concentrates on building up your assertiveness skills so no matter what position you hold you can communicate on an even footing and get your point across in a firm, concise and empowering manner.
You’ll learn how to handle challenging people and situations so you can stand up for yourself and not give in to their demands.
Holding challenging conversations is something that is sometimes avoided by managers so this webinar will provide you with the techniques in order to structure these conversations in the right way.
Being assertive during conflict situations is very important. You’ll learn how to create win-win outcomes where you get what you want and so does the other person – and if this is not achieved, how to feel comfortable and assertive during the process.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between confidence, assertiveness and aggression
- Hold challenging conversations
- React to and turn around aggressive people
- Manage and resolve conflict in the right way
Duration: 45 minutes through to 2 hour versions available.
Materials: Virtual handouts provided to work through
- Objectives of this workshop
- What’s the difference between confidence, assertiveness and aggression?
- The importance of effective communication and the effects of poor communication in the working environment
- Dealing With Challenging People & Situations
- Different types of personality and how to engage best with each one
- 6 types of assertion
- Being assertive but not aggressive
- Holding Challenging Conversations
- Understanding what challenging conversations you might face
- Creating the right environment – choosing the right method and settng to hold this conversation
- Positioning difficult conversations – planning and preparation
- Delivering difficult conversations and messages – structure
- Changing behaviour by choosing a different perspective
- Resolving Conflict
- Thomas-Kilmann conflict assessment – how do you currently manage conflict?
- Statements based on reasons vs expectations
- Responses to feedback
- How to handle difficult reactions to feedback
We Can Delivery A Customised Webinar Or You
Can Attend A Scheduled LIVE Open Webinar
If there are a number of you then it will be more effective for us to design and delivery a webinar based around your exact requirements.
With this we can tailor the content and cover exactly what you need.
Just get in touch with us and we will create a no obligation webinar proposal for you along with the fees which will include the content, duration, your webinar facilitator and the structure of the workshop.
If you’re looking to attend a webinar along with others from different organisations then we do have an Open Course Webinar Schedule that we recommend that you check.
We offer two LIVE management webinars that cater to different needs and levels of experience.
This webinar is CPD Certified (Continued Professional Development.) This gives you the assurance that it is of the very highest standard.
Upon completing the webinar all attendees will receive a formal CPD certificate for their records.
This Session Includes
Polls & Questions
Hand Up Q&A
Case Studies & Examples
Recorded For Future Playback
Customise Your Webinar
We can add, take out or amend any content that you like to make sure that we design and deliver your webinar EXACTLY as you want it.
Please contact us on 0333 320 2883 or email [email protected] to discuss your requirements