“Become an effective trainer & facilitator
with our train the trainer workshops”
This is a comprehensive 5-day programme or it can be tailored to suit the number of days you need and the skills that need to be covered.
Why should you attend?
The days of “chalk and talk” are long gone and trainers must now adapt their style of delivery to programmes that reflect the way adults learn best. It is now clearly understood that:
- Adults need to know why they need to learn something.
- Adults need to learn experientially.
- Adults approach learning as problem solving.
- Adults learn best when the topic is of immediate value.
This five-day programme provides the tools to plan, develop and deliver training programmes that create a positive learning environment and ensure embedded learning is the key outcome.
This programme has been designed to appeal to all trainers – those that do training as part of a wider role and those that train on a full time basis. The content will help you to develop a wider range of skills, thereby making you a more effective facilitator, so that you can fully meet the needs of the modern adult trainee.
Who Is The Course For?
Trainers/HR personnel/Coaches/Training managers wanting to gain:
- a clearer understanding of the leading edge methods for delivering effective training
- a better understanding of the tools required to ensure learning is embedded
With The Help Of This Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Recognise how training participants learn best
- Design a programme that appeals to the learner
- Make accelerated learning part of your tool kit
- Develop training programmes that excite, enthuse and energise participants
- Develop a facilitation style that inspires participants to become wholly involved
- Recognise the various different learning styles
Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of a wide variety of training techniques. As individuals learn in different ways the programme provides individual activities and group exercises with an approach that is both underpinned by sound theories, and delivered in a practical and engaging way.
– Trainer or Facilitator/Planning your course
- Energising the brain before a course commences
- The Townsend Matrix – Competence/Knowledge, Teaching Skills and Concern
- Looking through your own ‘Johari Window’
- Assessing trainer competencies
- Training aids
- The trainer as a visual aid!
- “Double SMART” objectives
- Knowing your audience in advance
- Stages of Competence
- What adults want
- How to plan a training session
- Knowing what resources will be required
- Pre-Course work
– Preparing your course
- The centre of learning
- Brain friendly learning
- How different parts of the brain are used
- Left and Right brain thinking
- The 30/70 rule and its importance in delivering a successful training session
- Barriers to Learning
- Sensory Learning Styles (Visual, Auditory, Read/Write, Kinaesthetic)
- Psychological Learning Styles – Activist, Reflector, Theorist, Pragmatist
- Using Transactional Analysis and Gestalt Theory in a training environment
– Preparing your course (continued)
- Providing variety
- Recognising Multiple Intelligences
- Use of visual aids
- Using music as a brain stimulus
- Producing creative and challenging exercises/activities
- Tips for effective presentations
- The five key principles of course design
- Communication skills
- Active listening
- Overcoming barriers to communication
- Activities that can be used for assessing multiple skills
– Managing Interaction/Selection Criteria
- Creating an effective learning environment
- Developing energisers
- The effective use of mnemonics, acronyms, analogies and quotations
- The different motives of trainees
- Body language – you and them
- Reading the signs
- Managing aggressive trainees
- Developing a Training Needs Analysis
- Measuring the return on investment of training via skills, knowledge and competencies
- The benefits of blended learning
– Pulling it all together
- On this final day the participants will work in groups to plan design and deliver an energetic and effective training session
- Developing action plans
- Q & A session
Would You Like To Make An Enquiry Or Ask A Question?
Call us for FREE on 0333 320 2883
Email us at email@example.com
Complete our online form
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.