Improve Your Commercial Awareness
More often than not this is due to a lack of understanding, jargon, fear of finance and figures, and an inability to see the importance of a financial strategy and how it will impact on their behaviour and decision making.
Likewise, managers who are comfortable and competent in understanding and managing the financial aspects of their day-to-day business benefit from improved business skills and performance, internal respect from colleagues and senior management, enhanced external relations, better cash flow management and ultimately improved career prospects.
For those with little or no formal training in finance, this highly interactive course concentrates on the principles, tools and techniques of financial management.
Below are indicative training topics.
Select which ones you would like to make up your course or tell us what you need.
An Introduction To Financial Reporting
- Accounting standards and financial reporting
- Understanding the jargon
- Building a common financial language
The Balance Sheet
- Understanding different assets and liabilities
- About fixed assets
- Current assets and liabilities – what they are and how to improve them
- Benchmarking and comparators
- Key ratios and trends
The Income & Expenditure Statement
- The key components of the income and expenditure statement
- Analysing key ratios and trends
- Managing different types of costs and their behaviour
- Analysing income streams
- Improving profitability and productivity
- The power of 1%
- What management accounts should tell us
- How these figures contribute to overall performance
- Managing the cashflow as well as the costs
- Managing variances and making any necessary improvement
Budgeting & Forecasting
- The principles of forecasting and budgeting
- Revenue budgets
- Budgeting for projects – how to do a cost-benefit analysis
- Capital expenditure
- Where budgeting can go wrong and how to avoid the principal problems
Here are some of our clients in the private and non-profit sector that we have delivered training to
COMMERCIAL CLIENT EXAMPLES
NON-PROFIT CLIENT EXAMPLES
Learn more about
our in-house training
and why choose MTD
as your provider
Get In Touch!
If you have got some training requirements in mind please call us on 0333 320 2883 or complete the online form below and tell us about what they are and we’ll get back to you with some options and costs.